JonY <jo...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote on 19.01.2010 12:16:50:

> On 1/19/2010 16:51, Ozkan Sezer wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Zuxy Meng wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I wonder if the win32api headers from mingw32 can be used directly in
> >> mingw64.
> >
> > No, they cannot.
> >
> >> If I have already a working msys+mingw32 env installed, can I just
> >> copy binutils, gcc and libraries from mingw64 to have a working
native
> >> compilation env?
> >> --
>
> To elaborate further, mingw-w64 comes with its own set of headers to
> support win64 as a target.

Correct, at least for 64-bit (and also for 32-bit as long as crt-headers
and runtime aren't exchanged, too) there is no chance to use w32api
headers at their current state.

> If you are using it to target win32, you could reuse libs built by
> mingw32, in theory. I have not tried this.

For 32-bit you can use mingw.org build libraries and DLL binaries with
mingw-w32, too. But you have to be aware that at some points (TLS handling
for example) you will loose some features.

Regards,
Kai