Hi,

I'm the original author of the issue [0] that Ismail referenced. During
the last months since my report, I've repeatedly re-tried numerous times,
but failed to build the canadian cross. Actually, back then mostly the
same suggestions where given, tried, and failed. As you can see from my
post, I've tried the following compile instructions:
 - makefile: mingw64 svn experimental/buildsystem/makebuildroot-test.mk
 - makefile: mingw64 svn experimental/buildsystem/makebuildroot.mk
 - compile instructions from mingw64 sourceforge wiki
all with variations of multilib, gcc-versions, ld-versions etc...

Would it maybe be a good idea that someone who got the canadian cross
running create a working Makefile? There are the excellent Makefiles
"makebuildroot-test.mk" and "makebuildroot.mk" (from your project), that
both follow the wiki compile instructions (more or less), but both fail
in the pre-last step of ld linking.
A working Makefile would be a good documentation, reference, and a perfect
standard for regression testing.

All the best, and keep up the good work!

   Mario

[0]
http://www.mail-archive.com/mingw-w64-public@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00839.html