On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Ruben Van Boxem
<vanboxem.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a build script from my GCC building experience... I knwo this
> isn't the fix my BASH script list, but still.
>
> The problem lies (I think) in
>
> 1) my extremely limited BASH knowledge
> 2) the quotes in the CFLAGS="..." part
>
> What's wrong, you ask? the echo line
>>
>> echo "configuring libiconv: "$CONFIG_OPTS
>
> prints the right thing, but the line below it with the actual configure
> command, messes it up for some reason, and the subsequent "make" call has
> this form:
>
>> gcc.exe: CFLAGS=-mtune=core2 -flto -fomit-frame-pointer
>> -momit-leaf-frame-pointer: No such file or directory
>> gcc.exe: LFLAGS=-flto -fwhopr=2/lib": No such file or directory
>> gcc.exe: CFLAGS=-mtune=core2 -flto -fomit-frame-pointer
>> -momit-leaf-frame-pointer: No such file or directory
>> gcc.exe: LFLAGS=-flto -fwhopr=2/lib": No such file or directory
>> cc1.exe: error: unrecognized command line option
>> "-fhost=x86_64-w64-mingw32"
>> cc1.exe: error: unrecognized command line option
>> "-fbuild=x86_64-w64_mingw32"
>> cc1.exe: error: unrecognized command line option
>> "-fhost=x86_64-w64-mingw32"
>> cc1.exe: error: unrecognized command line option
>> "-fbuild=x86_64-w64_mingw32"
>> make[2]: *** [localcharset.lo] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
>> make: *** [lib/localcharset.h] Error 2
>
> Obviously completely messed up. Thanks for any help here, as it's the only
> thing standing in my way of getting a working build script.
>
> Ruben

Well, you are using quotes between quotes without escaping them:
CONFIG_OPTS="--prefix="$PREFIX" ..................
should it not read:
CONFIG_OPTS="--prefix=\"$PREFIX\" ..................
This kind of stuff I would have looked first.  (... and remove the
trailing whitespace that you don't need.)

--
O.S.