On 08/08/2011 09:01 AM, Kai Tietz wrote:
> 2011/8/7 Farkas Levente <lfar...@lfarkas.org>:
>> On 08/07/2011 09:40 PM, Kai Tietz wrote:
>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> We proudly announce that we released the new version 2.0 of the
>>> mingw-w64 runtime and header-set today.
>>> We have to thank many people for contributions to mingw-w64 that
>>> made this new release to happen.
>>>
>>> The version 2.0-rc1 release can be found in the svn-repository
>>> under "/tags/v2.0.rc1".
>>
>> is this now 2.0 final or 2.0 rc1?
>>
>> --
>>  Levente                               "Si vis pacem para bellum!"
>
> The 2.0.rc1 is the release candidate number one.  If we find
> regressions, we might release an rc2.  If we don't find any, then rc1
> will be the final version.

but this is not what the subject said:-(
anyway my biggest problem with the mingw-w64 project is it's 'releaseless'.
eg there is no such directory in the download area (which is rather
large) where we can find release. there are only snapshots and many
different snapshots.
- which directory contains the mingw crt and headers ?
 /mingw-w64/mingw-w64-snapshot/ or Toolchain%20sources/Automated Builds/?
- can you show me where is the 1.0 release? nowhere:-(
- was there any release after 1.0?
- etc.
all project has a release dir and it's easy to find those files. in case
of mingw-w64 there is no such place and usually there is no release at all.
it'd be useful to everyone to create such a directory.

and some kind of wiki which describe the recommended binutils and gcc
and other toolchains. it's also missing.
anybody can know why the given gcc and binutils was in cygwin?
what is the connection between the upstream and w64 binutils and gcc?

i know the most important part here is the coding, but some kind of
minimal docs would be useful.

regards.