2011/9/10 Kyle <kshawk...@gmail.com>:
> On 9/10/2011 5:37 AM, Kai Tietz wrote:
>> Hmm, would it help to move command '-lavdevice' before the command
>> '-lavicap32'?
>>
>> Kai

> Unfortunately I get the same error with -lavdevice located at the end:
> i686-w64-mingw32-gcc -Llibavcodec -Llibavdevice -Llibavfilter
> -Llibavformat -Llibavutil -Llibpostproc -Llibswscale
> -L/home/kyle/software/ffmpeg/packages/sdl/sdl-1.2.14-win32/lib
> -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--warn-common
> -Wl,-rpath-link=libpostproc:libswscale:libavfilter:libavdevice:libavformat:libavcodec:libavutil
> -o ffmpeg_g.exe ffmpeg.o cmdutils.o-lavfilter -lavformat -lavcodec
> -lpostproc -lswscale -lavutil -lavicap32 -lpsapi -lole32 -lstrmiids
> -luuid -lws2_32
> -L/home/kyle/software/ffmpeg/packages/sdl/sdl-1.2.14-win32/lib -lmingw32
> -lSDLmain -lSDL -lm -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinmm -ldxguid -lm -lpthread
> -lpsapi -lavdevice
>
> I even get the same error even if I don't include it at all which leads
> me to believe it isn't reading the lib properly or at all?
>
> Thanks for the continued help.

Well, the issue about ld is, that the order of objects and libraries
matters.  If it sees the library too early and there is no user of a
specific function within it, then the function won't be used. If now
later a library/object references this function, it won't be found.
There are AFAICS two possible causes for this. a) The order is wrong,
or b) the library isn't readable by the linker.  The later point is
pretty uncommon, and I don't assume this is the cause here.

Regards,
Kai