Hi NightStrike!

Thanks for the follow-up.

But, please, let me emphasize that I don't need anything here -- no urgent
problems.  Right now I am using one of Ruben's early std::thread-enabled
builds, and I compile with -static, and everything is fine.

Opportunistically, I like to upgrade from time to time, just to stay up to
date.  For me it's about keeping abreast of what's available.  When I
have a quiet moment when I could upgrade without too much disruption,
I look around to see what's available, and decide whether the various
improvements are enough to make the upgrade worth the bother.

So please understand my question (quoted below) as a request for
information about what is available, rather than a request to make
some particular version or feature available.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

K. Frank