On 09/09/12 23:16, Peter Kümmel wrote:
>>> Is SEH in 4.7.2 or only in 4.8? How stable is it?
>>
>> SEH is enabled in 4.8 series, not sure about 4.7.3 though.
>
> Only in 4.8. The patch
>

> http://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=commitdiff;h=8ad0b5306ddfc738d6e450528ee9beb281212ea0
>
> was not applied to 4.7 branch. I'll try to backport.
>
> Peter

are you sure? this has come up in this list before:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mingw-w64-public@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05575.html>

rubenvb's build of a GCC 4.7.2 at
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mingw-w64-public@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05575.html>

defines the __SEH__ symbol and seems to output symbols that MSVC's
dumpbin can locate. i'm not sure if SEH is fully there though.
a naive stack unwinder after a crash (that uses StackWalk64,
SymGetModuleInfo64, SymGetSymFromAddr64 etc) doesn't seem to be able to
parse the symbols so either there's actually no SEH or the support is
not complete.
strangely enough, the build also defines DWARF .debug_* sections in
executables; not sure what they contain...

in any case, have a look at that rubenvb build. ;)

Zouzou