> 2012/9/24 Ozkan Sezer <seze...@gmail.com>
>
> > On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Ruben Van Boxem
> > <vanboxem.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > THat's what a "release" version usually implies. This is a choice I make
> > > keep things clear. I'm also thinking about using gdb/binutils release
> > > versions, even if it would only lead to more consistency.

> > code

> > > All these use either the SVN v2.x or trunk MinGW-w64. I chose not to.
> > > Neither will any Linux distro providing MinGW-w64. Although those might
> > > backport patches if they really want to. I am not forcing you to abandon
> > > your previously working/fixed toolchain. You can even just copy over all
> > of
> > > mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32 or mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32 because that part
> > has
> > > not changed since the previous build.

> > tagged
> > ad-hoc
> > >

> > > I understand, and this happens regularly, just not always. Stable tags
> > can't
> > > be updated each time a specific fix has landed. For every project in the
> > > world it takes more than one fix to release a new version. I will build
> > an
> > > update package or provide a new build as soon as possible after this
> > > happens.
> > >
> > > Please use a toolchain that works for you. And update minor versions only
> > > when you need to.
> > >
> > > Ruben
> > >

> > FWIW, I just tagged and released v1.0.7 and v2.0.7 mingw-w64 headers and
> > crt.
> >

> I had a feeling this would happen :P
>
> I am uploading updated mingw-w64 v2.0.7 update packages "update" on
> Sourceforge:
> sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains targetting
> Win64/Personal Builds/rubenvb/update/
> sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains targetting
> Win32/Personal Builds/rubenvb/update/
>
> Just extract and overwrite.
>
> Enjoy,

Fabulous. I'm off to confirm my automated toolchain integration scripts can
take advantage of this between-release-update awesomeness :)

It doesn't get said as often as it should, but a huge THANK YOU to those of you
who donate their time and energy to make these toolchains (rubenvb,
mingw-builds, tdm, mingw) possible, work well, and add so much value. Selecting
tags/commits/versions that work well together is no small task.

Without your continued efforts, downstream toolchain integration like the
following wouldn't be so easy:

https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/blob/master/config/compilers/mingw64.rb#L3-36

https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/blob/master/config/compilers/tdm_mingw.rb#L3-44

https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/blob/master/config/compilers/mingwbuilds.rb#L3-36

I am grateful.

Jon

---
Fail fast. Fail often. Fail publicly. Learn. Adapt. Repeat.
http://thecodeshop.github.com | http://jonforums.github.com/
twitter: @jonforums