On 11/8/2012 22:49, Václav Šmilauer wrote:
> Greetings to experienced Mingw64-ers,
>
> I am currently compiling several 3rd-party libraries which I need for my
> code. Among those are glib, VTK, Qt and perhaps several others. I have
> the (32bit) MSYS installed, which provides standard directories like
> /usr/lib, /usr/include, ...

These should not be present, if they are, it is likely it is ONLY for
MSYS development, which you are not clearly doing, so please move them
away for safety.

> When configuring libs, I use --prefix=/c/MinGW64 to not to install them
> into the 32bit MSYS tree, but I fear that I will have comflicts between
> 32bit/64bit headers, as the 32bit ones are in the default search path.
> Secondly, it is a bit tedious to install everything to non-default
> paths. Is there some solution to this I am overseeing?

Use proper CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS instead, there is no easy way to deal
with this.

> Second thing which comes to my mind: are there perhaps some pre-built
> packages for common libraries? How about the cross-packages from Fedora,
> couldn't they be just unpacked and used?

You could, but you may run into ABI problems if you don't have the exact
compiler configuration. YMMV.

> Thirdly: MSYS's make hangs sometimes when doing parallel compilations
> (of VTK); is that a know issue? Would I be better off compiling 64bit
> gmake binary?

There is no 64bit MSYS.

If you mean to build make with mingw-w64, don't, MSYS make and
mingw32-make are completely different and fulfill different roles.

Check for BLODA instead. See
<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda>