hey,

While checking --as-needed on Windows (which, btw, seems useless as
the win32 linker seems smarter than the linux one), i've looked at the
size of binaries produced by mingw.org (hence 32 bits) and mingw-w64
64 bits. The code:

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
  printf("test\n");
  return 0;
}

compilation options : -Wl,-s -o as_needed.exe as_needed.c

with mingw.org, the size is 7680 bytes
with mingw-w64 : 36864 bytes

One told me that it is normal that the size is bigger with 64 bits as
alignment is not 32 but 64 bits, also some types are bigger.

What I want to know is if, for such a simple program, the difference
of size (almost x5) is normal

thank you

Vincent Torri