Hi guys,

Thanks for the lively discussion! In the end we (Qt 5.0.1 release team) decided
to stick with the 'posix' (libwinpthread) toolchain: There's obviously no
consensus what do use in the community here, and I personally don't have enough
insight to make a really 'informed' decision.

If we get bug reports etc there's still the option to switch in later versions

Regards

Kai

PS: I think it would be help adaptation of the project a lot if things like
posix vs win32 threading, and sjlj vs dw2 exception handling (preferably even
with an advice what to use by default) would be documented somewhere within the
mingw-w64 project site.