So, yes.  we need to remove the +1 for tls_start.  The issue is here -
beside some nits in .sc files in binutils - that the initialization
code treates those fields as given, so later accesses would need
actual a plus sizeof (void *) offset of the .tls$AAA field.

That the .tls$ZZZ is also part of the .tls$* rule is true.  You have
to avoid to use names not sorting within $AAA and $ZZZ.   What I was
referring to is that $AAA is placed at top of .tls section, but the
.tls$* rule is coming behind the .tls section.

For binutils I will sent a patch moving the .tls$* sections at the
beginning of the .tls section.
 Well we could consider to move .tls into .rdata, as by this we are
able  to replace in .sc file the explicit mentioning of .tls$AAA and
.tls$ZZZ at all and simply use the ___tls_start__/___tls_end__
variables instead in crt.

Kai