2013/6/3 Abir Basak <abirba...@gmail.com>

> I was using build by Ruben for Mingw W64 for long times with Qt Creator
> IDE. However from version 2.7 onward it fails to debug using the gdb
> shipped by it. The reason is most likely that it fails to parse the gdb
> version information like GNU gdb (rubenvb-4.7.2-release)
> 7.5.50.20120920-cvs (Or rather wrongly parses the gdb version as 4.7.2 and
> disables most of gdb features like python support :( )
> My question is , is there any guidelines for what gdb version string
> should look like?

I have just tried with

x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc-4.8.0-win64_rubenvb
Qt Creator 2.7.1
CMake 2.8.11

on a clean system, to create a small test app

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()

{

    int i=4;

    int j= i+4;

    i = j-4;

    cout << "Hello World!" << endl;

    return 0;

}

built with

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug

mingw32-make

and set a break point in Qt Creator at the "i=j-4" line, and execution
stopped. I could see the values of i and j displayed.

What exactly are you doing and what "fails"?

Remember to set up gdb and your toolchain in Tools->Options->Build&Run
both under Compilers and Kits (set your sysroot and click on
auto-detect for the Debugger line).

Hope this helps,

Ruben