On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 5:24 AM, JonY <jo...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 10/1/2013 07:34, Jon wrote:
> > Bottom line: MinGW-w64 project documentation needs help starting with the
> > FAQ. Add a specific entry addressing Incongruous' question and make this
> > one go away.
> >

> Will you be willing to do it? I'm no good at judging what material is
> suitable for new users.

If I still have access rights I'll add this one.

You're mistaken. You're perfect for judging what new FAQ entries should be
added, new user or not.

You:

a) are a long-standing, experienced mingw-w64 (and cygwin?)
contributor/maintainer
b) still care enough to stay engaged on the ML
c) have a point-of-view (aka opinionated) that you willingly add to
discussions
d) love to provide verbose answers. oh, wait...

What you likely lack is free time and the desire to maintain documentation.
Understandable.

That said, for the FAQ, why don't you write a list of ML Topics I'm Tired
of Seeing Rehashed Ad Infinitum and add them bit by bit to the FAQ as you
get spare moments.

Other experienced mingw-w64 contributors could do the same as well as take
a bit of time to review/cull the existing doco.

Good doco allows wonderfully concise responses such as:

"RTFM http:/link/to/our/awesome/doco/dont-be-so-lazy-next-time/"