Oh Alexey you madcap.

And in honor of Get to Know Your Inner Scot Day, let me be the first to
shout a hearty FUCK YES.

Oh hell, JonY's going to ban me...

# setup a desktop shortcut with `C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /e:on /v:on /k
C:\Apps\msys32\msys2_shell.bat`...yea mintty options!

...and:

Jon@Black ~
$ pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 msys is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do

Jon@Black ~
$ pacman -Sl
...[SNIP]...
msys bash 4.2.045-1 [installed]
msys bash-completion 2.1-1 [installed]
...[SNIP]...
msys xz 5.0.5-1

Jon@Black ~
$ pacman -S xz
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) xz-5.0.5-1

Total Download Size:   0.12 MiB
Total Installed Size:  0.85 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages ...
 xz-5.0.5-1-i686              118.5 KiB  95.4K/s 00:01
[############################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring
[############################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity
[############################] 100%
[############################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts
[############################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space
[############################] 100%
(1/1) installing xz
[############################] 100%
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/bin/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/doc/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/locale/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/man/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/man/man1/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/locale/cs/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/locale/de/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/locale/fr/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/locale/it/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/locale/pl/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513
warning: directory ownership differs on /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/
filesystem: 1002:513  package: 1000:513

Jon@Black ~
$ xz --version
xz (XZ Utils) 5.0.5