Op 16-nov.-2013 04:44 schreef "Jim Michaels" <jmich...@yahoo.com>:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1e4e6548-2371-41c0-842d-70a2ed4a495f/win7-is-killing-my-heavy-process-what-to-do?forum=windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues
> see my post above. I don't know what's going on but windows 7 is killing
my long-running console mode programs. it doesn't kill the compiler
strangely enough. but it kills my program, which has a simple nested loop
to create a huge bit vector.

Without a sscce (http://sscce.org/) there is little we can do. Have you run
your program under gdb? My guess is you're ignoring an allocation failure.
If you are attempting to get 64GB of continuous memory, that will not work,
ever, on a system with 64 GB of RAM.

Ruben

> Jim Michaels
> jmich...@yahoo.com
> j...@renewalcomputerservices.com
> http://RenewalComputerServices.com
> http://JesusnJim.com (my personal site, has software)
> ---
> IEC Units: Computer RAM & SSD measurements, microsoft disk size
measurements (note: they will say GB or MB or KB or TB when it is IEC
Units!):