Thx so no negative effects. By calling it directly if you already have set your
paths.

From: 'Alexpux'
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎22‎ ‎November‎ ‎2013 ‎12‎:‎56
To: mingw-w64-public@lists.sourceforge.net

22 нояб. 2013 г., в 15:44, Patrick von Reth <vonr...@kde.org> написал(а):

Hi could you please add a readme explaining the differences between the
*_shell.bat’s and what's been set by them, so what's the difference to calling
“set HOMER=%USERPROFILE% && bash -i --login” which other effects have the
*_shell.bat’s besides setting home and calling mintty?

Each *_shell.bat set it’s own value for MSYSTEM variable. Then when you start
bash, it read /etc/profile where I substitute PATH variable based on MSYSTEM
variable.

mingw32_shell.bat:

PATH=/mingw32/bin:$MSYS_PATH:$PATH

mingw64_shell.bat:

PATH=/mingw64/bin:$MSYS_PATH:$PATH

msys2_shell.bat:

PATH=$MSYS_PATH:/opt/bin:$PATH

I do it because my mingw toolchains from repository installing with pacman to
/mingw32 and /mingw64 directory. When I need to work with 64-bit mingw compiler
I start mingw64_shell.bat, if 32-bit - start mingw32_shell.bat and when I need
to use msys-gcc I start msys2_shell.bat.

Regards,

Alexey.

Cheers

Patrick