On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Alexpux <alex...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 23 нояб. 2013 г., в 13:56, Jon <jon.for...@gmail.com> написал(а):
>
> > To confirm, the only effect of setting MSYSTEM (e.g. - setting to MSYS,
> MINGW32, or MINGW64) in an MSYS2 + mingw-w64 environment is (a) uname
> changes its output, and therefore (b) config.guess spews one of the
> following three?
> >
> >   ${UNAME_MACHINE}-pc-mingw64
> >   ${UNAME_MACHINE}-pc-mingw32
> >   ${UNAME_MACHINE}-pc-msys
> >
> In general yes.
> Also if you set MSYSTEM before starting MSYS then /etc/profile uses it for
> setting PATH variable depend on MSYSTEM variable.
> I do it for using toolchains installed with pacman.

Thank you.

Given that /etc/profile currently sources from /etc/profile.d and it
appears that uname is sensitive to dynamic MSYSTEM changes, I'm
experimenting with a /etc/profile.d/toolchain.sh defining `toolchain ()`
that switches PATH and MSYSTEM values (defaults to MSYS) when used like

  toolchain [ls]  # list currently selected toolchain
  toolchain msys
  toolchain mingw32
  toolchain mingw64

I prefer this style rather than the current style of having to select a
specific .bat to start the shell.

Once I get something I like, I'll send it to you for review. You can decide
whether you like it enough to include it in MSYS2

Jon