Thanks to Ruben Van Boxem informing me that MinGW-w64 can be downloaded from
Cygwin I was able to install all packages successfully.  I downloaded all
MinGW-w64 packages except gcc-ada and gcc-fortran.

I then attempted to build a test program using it.
I tried the following c test case as shown on web page:
     http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mingw-w64/wiki/Unicode%20apps

file=hello.c
-------------

       #define _UNICODE
       #define UNICODE
       #include <tchar.h>

       int
       _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR **argv)
       {
       _tprintf(__T("Hello\n"));
       return 0;
       }

# I then tried to compile it, but it failed as soon below.

      $ /bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe hello.c
       i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: error: spawn: No such file or directory

The shell used to invoke this is zsh and there is no spawn file on my system as
far as I know.

Is there some dependency package missing or is the example code wrong or am I
missing some complier/linker options?

Thanks