Dear MinGW users,
I am struggling to compile Graphviz using Mingw-64 (built using the MXE
toolchain compiler, under Linux) with a 32-bit variant. When I have finally
managed to compile all libraries and linked to the final executable I find
that the executable simply does not run when started with "wine dot.exe"
and running under Windows it shows "Program has stopped running" (or smth
along the lines).  I have tried both static linking and linking against
shared libraries.

I have tried to narrow the problem to something specific and an empty
executable linked against the libraries works properly.
int main() {
  printf("Hello world\n");
  return 0;
}
but an executable that tried to use anything from the libraries does not
run at all
__declspec(dllimport) int MemTest;
int main() {
  printf("Hello world %i\n", MemTest);
  return 0;
}

I am totally buffled by such behavior and totally in the dark how to find
out where exactly is the problem so that it can be fixed.

I would appreciate any advice.
Regards,
Damian Kaczmarek