On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Jon <jon.for...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The 4.8.x series changed its default behavior re: libgcc linking when on
> Windows
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.8/changes.html#windows
>
> I'm testing with my environment to confirm 4.9.x default libgcc linking
> behavior (for both exes and dlls) for the following two toolchains because
> the GCC 4.9 changelog makes no mention of the issue.
>
> 1) mingw-w64 mingw-builds:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/4.9.0/threads-win32/
>
> 2) msys2 mingw:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2/files/REPOS/MINGW/i686/
>
> While I'm testing, niXman and Alexey please confirm your toolchain's
> default behavior re: libgcc linking.

Testing the above 4.9.0 toolchains on a small sample of projects (e.g. -
openssl), for the scenarios where libgcc is linked in I get the following
results:

* 32bit mingw-w64 mingw-builds => implicit link to `libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll`
* 32bit msys2 mingw32 => implicit link to `libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll`

* 64bit mingw-w64 mingw-builds and msys2 mingw64 => no implicit link to
`libgcc_s_seh-1.dll`

Is this expected?

I was surprised that in cases where the 32bit 4.9.0 toolchains linked to
`libgcc_s_{sjlj,dw2}-1.dll`, the 64bit 4.9.0 toolchains did not appear to
correspondingly link to `libgcc_s_seh-1.dll`.