On 6 May 2015 at 01:29, JonY <jo...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 5/5/2015 22:15, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> >
> > Of course it is easier for me in Gentoo to use the toplevel autoconf
> > script, it worked so far, not sure why not just support it, but
> > partial support is not the right way to go.
> >

> It doesn't actually work all the time, especially when the installed
> headers and build versions differ. The install may be silently broken
> even if it did complete. Some problems include missing GUID
> instantiation, missing prototypes causing implicit function declaration etc.
>
> If you put it that way, I vote to get rid of it.

this will create overhead when upstream adds a new tool or library,
then downstream need to figure out what else to build instead of
having this within package customization.

the header issue is solved quite easily in v4, see [1], the only issue
is pseh that cannot be built, I thought to attend to that later or
remove it from top level configure.

I will be very happy if you do not drop it.

Alon

[1]
https://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/dev-util/mingw64-runtime/mingw64-runtime-4.0.1.ebuild?revision=1.1&view=markup