Edward Diener <eldlistmaili...@tropicsoft.com>
writes:

>> I'm not sure this is a GCC bug. Does the linker error also occur when
>> using static libraries, and when you dllexport the whole class as
>> opposed to the functions you're explicitly defining?
>
> I have tried neither.
>
>> I believe this error is the same as your previous one: you're not
>> dllexporting some implictly defined functions.
>
> Which ones ? You can see the code.

The code is far from being a minimal example, so I didn't look at it
all, but I see that the class ex_exception is not exported (EX_VISIBLE
expands to "... __visibility__("default")..." and you set
-fvisibility=hidden in your compile command). If your class has virtual
members (as it seems the case) this is asking for trouble.

>> Now, if this is what MSVC
>> does, perhaps GCC should be modified to follow that behaviour, but that
>> is not certain at this point.
>
> It has to be a bug in either gcc or ld using mingw-64 unless you can
> show me what is wrong with the code which produces the link errors.
> Unless you tell me that gcc/ld on Windows is incapable of
> exporting/importing individual member functions of a class rather than
> the class as a whole this is a bug somewhere in gcc/ld.

As you know C++ requires more info than the member address/signature to
be able to call that method when it is virtual or there are some
constructor/copier/etc involved.