On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:03 AM, Mario Emmenlauer <ma...@emmenlauer.de>
wrote:

> Hi Ruben,
>
> thanks for this very very good pointer!! I did not dare look behind
> the scenes of the MinnGW packages, but it turns out that was my
> mistake, they are indeed readable, and helpful! :-)
>
> One more question, if I may: in the PKGBUILD you pointed out, there
> seems to be a "wild" :-) mix of recommended packages from mingw and msys.
> Is there an easy beginners guideline which package to prefer if both
> exist, something like: always prefer mingw-package over msys-package?
> Should I use python2 from msys or mingw? Or install both? For another
> build, I tried cmake from msys and miserably failed, whereas cmake from
> mingw worked out of the box. Is mingw usually "preferable"?
>
> Thanks for your help, and all the best,
>
>     Mario

Mario,
   based on your question you seem to be fuzzy on a basic fact, that is,
the "msys" packages
are a separate platform from those with the mingw-w64 designations.  msys
is there
principally to support the shell and build system.  Often enough, a
configure scheme will use
python as a utility and so yes python and perl, from /usr/bin tree, will be
useful.

  The mingw platforms does not include the posix compatibility layer of
msys.

  So mingw programs and constituent libraries are kept separate from those
in support of msys.
the /mingw64 directory tree etc.  So the msys package "cmake" is overall
completely incompatible with
what you are doing - and it is built with "MSYS Makefiles" generator
removed to help clue you into that fact.
When you install /mingw64/cmake you will have much better results: cmake
will awake in the environment
it  was meant to build from.
  You should probably un-install the msys cmake, gcc, fortran versions that
would get you into trouble.