lh_mouse <lh_mouse@...> writes:

> MSVC is irrelevant.
>
> You should have read the friendly GCC manual I think.

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-5.3.0/gcc/Function-Attributes.html
#index-g_t_0040code_007bdllexport_007d-function-attribute-3069

I found what looks like a more pertinent and detailed resource on this:
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Visibility

>From the "Note: The semantics are not the same between Windows and this
GCC feature" it sounds like this difference is by design and there might
not be much I can do about it. GCC translates __declspec(dllexport) to
an __attribute__ which does not make the declaration and the implementation
into different functions if they have different annotations, whereas in
MSVC or Clang they are treated as different definitions giving (with MSVC)
error C2375: redefinition; different linkage.