On 9/8/2016 10:36 AM, Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen wrote:
> This only happens when building with -lwindowsapp (see another patch of
> mine). When building with the default -lkernel32, all is good, since
> kernel32.lib contains GetStartupInfo.
> windowsapp.lib, on the other hand, doesn't; which makes sense since the
> symbol is forbidden.
> Since the issue only happens when building test program within
> configure, it seemed ok to add a stub for it.

I'm not opposed to the idea of a stub for GetStartupInfo.  I assume your
plan is to add it to libwindowsapp.a?  I'm guessing the idea is we want
to avoid having to customize the startup code and that sounds like a
good idea.

I'm also thinking some comments to explain what is going on for future
maintainers might be a good idea.  Cuz this is gonna look a bit odd (ie
why are we calling a function that doesn't do anything?).

If the expectation is that the code never gets called, it may even make
sense to have the stub call abort() (or its winstore-appropriate
equivalent) instead of the memset.  Configure doesn't actually run any
of the programs it builds, does it?

dw