Hi,

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016, David Wohlferd wrote:
> Is there an official list of release criteria for mingw-w64 v6? Or a
> targeted release date?  I'm not seeing anything on the web site.

Not that I know of.

Not that I know of.

Yes, website needs to be updated and I don't have the time to do it
before several days. Edit rights should be good enough for at least
Jonathan and a couple others but I'm definitely open to broadening the
accesses to the proper people: simply send me an email (and you can do
that for any issue with the website).
(and now I have the RSS feed for page changes fetched regularly on my
phone)

> I have some changes I'd like to propose that only belong at the start of
> a new cycle.  But I'd like to see how they fit with the current plans.

I think a time-based release would make sense. Something like 1 year.

There usually aren't huge new features that land all at once but rather
smaller improvements which add up over the time. I think this has been
an issue in the past and people were wondering whether the changes
warranted a release or not. Meanwhile, downstreams were waiting for a
new release to be able to benefit from all the small improvements.

It's also possible to argue about the release periodicity. I wouldn't
go over 1 year. I wouldn't go below 6 months because of the additional
work. Of course, since I can't be considered as an active code author in
the project, I won't argue much about these.

--
Adrien Nader