Message: 2
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 11:54:12 +1100 (AEDT)
From: Robert May <rf...@bigpond.com>
Apologies for the attachment.
After using the $ . / configure
command I got a great screed printout that ensded with

configure: error: . / configure failed for mingw-w64-crt

After a bit more reading and using help I used a different command and
this is what happened

$ . / configure --build alias - -host -alias --target -alias

checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of
makefiles... no

checking for a BSD-compatib1e install... /usr/bin/install -c

/cygdrive/c/mingw-w64-vS . B. 1/ build-aux/missing: Unknown
-is-lightweight' option

Try /cygdrive/c/mingw-w64-vS . 8.1/ build-aux/missing
--help' for more information

configure: WARNING: ?missing' script is too old or missing

checking for -alias-strip... no

checking for strip... no

checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk

checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no

checking whether make supports nested variables... no

checking build system type... Invalid configuration 'alias':? machine
'alias' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh build-aux/config. sub alias failed

I have rechecked help and maybe there are some options with build
instead of alias
the bit about outdated documentation lost me as far as correction

assistance please