Hey ardi,

I am the one implementing this support.
The current status is you can build mingw-w64 with llvm, clang and lld
without binutils or gcc.
libc++, libc++abi and compiler-rt work.
libunwind support is missing so we have no exception handling currently.
There were some 20+ patches merged in the last year to get this working and
fix regressions with each release.

Bunch of relevant recent revisions and commits.

https://reviews.llvm.org/D33620
https://reviews.llvm.org/D33635
https://reviews.llvm.org/D33638
https://reviews.llvm.org/D33384
https://reviews.llvm.org/rL303928
https://reviews.llvm.org/rL304012
https://reviews.llvm.org/rL304026
https://reviews.llvm.org/rL304110
https://reviews.llvm.org/rL303490
https://reviews.llvm.org/rL303491
https://reviews.llvm.org/D29892
https://reviews.llvm.org/D33601

This will only work on master currently.
We can bootstrap clang with clang so it is somewhat stable and usable.
I will start uploading toolchains once the latest libunwind patch gets
merged and reviewed
All the way until the 5.0 release where we should have support in tree.

mingw-w64 itself however needs some out of tree patches for this.
I usually up to date needed patches and build scripts here
https://github.com/martell/mingw-w64-clang
I haven't update the repo in a month but I can update it over the weekend
if you are in immediate need to bootstrap your own.

Best,
Martell