On 2019-12-11 21:23, Vincent Torri wrote:
Hello David

here is what i am doing with my package installer :

https://github.com/vtorri/ewpi/blob/master/packages/libxml2/install.sh
version i compile :
https://github.com/vtorri/ewpi/blob/master/packages/libxml2/libxml2.ewpi

Interesting.

Alexey Pavlov directed me to the method used in msys2/mingw and it is vastly more complex than that. See the files here (especially PKGBUILD):

  https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/tree/master/mingw-w64-libxml2

Your method skips the problem part of the make with:

  --with-python=no

The official build does the same thing for its static build but for the shared build it seems to patch around the issue, since configure there has:

  --with-python=${MINGW_PREFIX}/bin/python$1

Thanks,

David Mathog
mat...@caltech.edu