在 2021-04-22 20:35, Christian Franke 写道:
This patch significantly increases the precision of gettimeofday() on Windows 8 or later. It is then similar to Cygwin or Linux.

It also affects C++11 std::chrono:*_clock as _GLIBCXX_USE_GETTIMEOFDAY is defined but not _GLIBCXX_USE_CLOCK_*.

A similar change (or a call to getntptimeofday()) would possibly also make sense for clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME,...).

Drawback: GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime() is slower than the legacy function.
But it is still reasonably fast. Average time per call on an old machine with
i7-2600K:
GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime(): 23ns
GetSystemTimeAsFileTime(): <3ns

I don't think the complexity is worth. If users want precision they should use a monotonic clock such as `QueryPerformanceCounter()`. I can't think of any real usage of `gettimeofday()` which needs accurate results.

--
Best regards,
Liu Hao