On 2023-06-07 15:35, LIU Hao wrote:
在 2023-06-07 13:55, Steve Lhomme 写道:
Indeed. I made a tool (private as I'm not sure how legally safe it is) to generate the .def files from the WACK XML files. I used it to find which DLLs are needed to export some functions. However, it seems that this export doesn't match any version of WindowsApp.lib (from 10240 to 22261). So it's correct to remove all these calls. In this case the MarkDown doc is incorrect [10].

Just noticed another issue: Some x86 DEF files are now out of sync with the common ones, for example `api-ms-win-core-winrt-error-l1-1-1.def`.

Does your tool detect such differences, or are they intentional?

Not really. The lib-common files are generated from SupportedAPIs-x64.xml and the lib32 files are generated from SupportedAPIs-x86.xml. There are a few differences between the two. I didn't check in WindowsApp.lib to check if the x64 and x86 are actually matching or not if there are actual differences.

In the end it doesn't really matter, if some API is not allowed in x86, it will not pass the WACK and so it should not be made usable.