On Wed, 25 Oct 2023, Steve Lhomme wrote:

I didn't look at each function in each path, but in principile it should be OK.

I originally added the functions based on what the WACK expects. But windowsapp only link to a single DLL in all versions of the Windows SDK and apparently always the same.

Yeah - the problem with using the WACK as reference, is that WACK allows more than what is reasonable to use - it allows everything that any version of WinSDK might have produced (plus a lot more), so it's not a good guide for what we ideally _should_ link against, only what someone might have linked against at some point. And the WinSDK changed a lot between 10.0.10586.0 and some following verssion, where lots of symbols were moved from api-ms-win-foo-l1-1-1 to api-ms-win-foo-l1-1-0, and similar.

As things evolve further, and we try to track what's going on, it's probably easiest for diffing to not have any extra duplicates but stick to exactly what some version of WinSDK does, instead of a hazy union of what WinSDK has done in the last 10 years. If there are exceptions where we manually want to deviate from that (and if we see that the WACK allows it) we can of course do that; then ideally we'd mark it with a handwritten comment explaining what we do and why, so it becomes clearly visible in a diff when trying to synchronize/compare things.

// Martin