On Wed, 28 Feb 2024, Pali Rohár wrote:

If application does not specify its own DllEntryPoint function then the
default DllEntryPoint provided by libmingwex library should be used. And
not from some random system DLL library.
---
mingw-w64-crt/lib64/fxsdrv.def   | 1 -
mingw-w64-crt/lib64/wiaservc.def | 1 -
2 files changed, 2 deletions(-)

These two patches LGTM. These symbols have annoyed me before, but this is a good example of why it's also harmful, not only annoying, to have these symbols around.

(Separately, we probably should remove other similar exported symbols like DllRegisterServer as well? And from looking at your patch, e.g. pscript5, unidrv, look like something that should not be an import library at all. I've cleaned out a bunch of such def files before, but there's clearly many still left.)

// Martin