On 7.09.2024 00:00, Pali Rohár wrote:
So maybe the imp symbol could be included only for gcc/binutils builds?

I think that we don't want to introduce differences like that. Ideally, we should be able to mix tools with crt builds with another tools (so, for example, use crt built with GCC with clang+lld and the other way around).

As I mentioned, I think that it's better to prevent people from adding bogus dllimport in the future code than silently accepting it. There is a concern that such code may already exist and if it does, we shouldn't break it. But the fact that UCRT was fine without the symbol for years suggests that it's not a problem in practice.

Jacek