Thorsten Glaser <t...@mirbsd.de> wrote:
 |Steffen Nurpmeso dixit:
 |>I would prefer seeing a "stack recursion limit exceeded" or
 |>similar before SIGSEGV happens because of recursive functions,
 |
 |Yeah, but I have no idea how to do that. If you find oneā€¦ tell me.

Anyway i'm thankful i was worth an answer for that -- current bash
(i usually only have a stale 3.2) shows the same behaviour and
after searching the web a person that ran into the same problem
with bash didn't get one!
And i would have said the same as someone else i saw in
a different, even older message: use a recursion counter, how
wacky that may be.
But i guess it is not worth any effort, especially given that
No. 1 changed _to_ this behaviour (even completely, exec and even
interactive [but via subshell]!) and that i saw it the first time
because of a bug.
It's just that i am with the one that got no answer in that it
didn't feel right.  Just forget about it.

--steffen