Martijn Dekker dixit:

>* BUG_NOCHCLASS: POSIX-mandated character [:classes:] within bracket
>[expressions] are not supported in glob patterns.

I really really REALLY hate that this will make mksh really big.
We’re talking about 36K .rodata even without titlecase conversion
and BMP-only (16-bit Unicode) here.

Can I get by making them match ASCII only even in UTF-8 mode?

Strictly speaking, POSIX requires only support for the C locale,
and our UTF-8 mode is only close to POSIX anyway, and currently
(though this will change, there have been good points made for
locale tracking) enabled using a mksh-specific set flag.

If I implemented that, we could then say that “lksh -o posix”
is, in the C locale, fully POSIX conformant. (Perhaps — but
certainly a goal to work for, even despite the uselessness
of standards.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
(gnutls can also be used, but if you are compiling lynx for your own use,
there is no reason to consider using that package)