On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Henk P. Penning wrote:

> > the committed disk space is not a problem - the incremental changes are.  i
> > know for us allocating 5G to apache is reasonable.  it wouldn't be
> > reasonable
> > to expect to need to download 2G daily though (extreme case).
>
>   More confusion. The jakarata part of the archive has
>   just disappeared, all 2+ GB of it.
>
>   -- Was there a notification to the mirrors ?
>   -- Is this intentional or just a fuckup ?

we bitched at the jakarta people for putting the nightly builds on
apache.org/dist/ and it seems like the only way they could manage to
resolve it was to move the whole thing back (to
jakarta.apache.org/dist).  Geez.

>   -- Will this stuff be back tomorrow ?

When it will be back, it will hopefully just be the released stuff.

>   -- What a mess !

no kidding!

 - ask

--