> I'm just concentrating on the content of the mirrors now to
> make sure they are configured properly, and carry the latest
> versions. If each admin wants to rely on Redhat making their
> rpm's secure its their own network that will suffer if all
> holes aren't patched up.

If you really want to keep track of the content/quality of the mirrors
then put a timestamp file in each of the dists (XML, Jakarta, httpd) and
then pull those from the mirrors to see who is up-to-date and who isn't.
I believe Debian puts a timestamp somewhere in its dist ... I don't know
if they _use_ it ... :-)

As for the comments about relying on package maintainers I think that's
about all we can do.  I'm as busy as everybody else here and I don't
have time to be an expert on _every_ package.  I know Apache but I'm not
the Apache master; I rely on the Debian packages that I pull down as
needed.  Today I happen to be running the "acceptable" version but with
the Debian release schedule as it is I won't be for long ... it will
_appear_ that I'm out of date even though I'm not.  I don't think I
should be penalized for that as an Apache mirror.

Just my $0.02