supposedly this is where this should go..
--
#ken    P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"
--- Begin Message ---
Hello,

I am writing on behalf of the UK Mirror Service, based at the University of
Lancaster in England.  We currently operate a mirror of Apache in conjunction
with out partner institution, the University of Kent at Canterbury.  A recent
review of our details for each site has revealed a general need to update and
expand our contact information holdings.  Our source of funding, the Joint
Information Systems Committee (http://www.jisc.org.uk), has also recently
requested a general survey of our holdings, including basic details on each
site's "owner."

We would greatly appreciate your help in providing some basic organisational
and contact information for our records.  This will help us to better
internally manage the Mirror Service and will allow us to represent your site
in the most accurate and up-to-date manner possible.

A web form for entering this information is available at:
http://www.lancs.mirror.ac.uk/nams/cgi-php/form.php

All data collected will be processed, stored and used in compliance with the
United Kingdom's Data Protection Act 1998.  All use of the information you
provide will be non-commercial and within our objective of serving the British
academic community.  Any personal contact information will be held solely by us
and will not be released to any third party without your approval.  If you have
any concerns or questions about how this data will be used please feel free
contact us.

If possible please have an authorised representative of your organisation/site
submit the form above by 31 January.  Also if you maintain a list of mirrors at
your web site, we would appreciate you including a link to our site.

Thank you,
Victoria Laudeman
Database and Collections Officer
UK Mirror Service