Hello Joshua,

Friday, May 21, 2004, 4:32:21 PM, you wrote:

JS> On Fri, 21 May 2004, Alexander Ryumshin wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> Is removal of not-up-to-date mirrors automatic?
>> Do mirrors get back listed, when they're up to date again?

JS> Mirrors are automatically removed and returned to the "preferred" mirror
JS> list.  But the removal from the main list at
JS> http://www.apache.org/mirrors/
JS> is manual, and will happen if you have too much red in the middle column.

My script mirrors all sites sequentally, so when it hangs while
mirroring one site, others sit in a queue.
Now I moved apache mirror to a separate queue to make it more
reliable.

>> I ask because rsync hang again during mirroring and we got delisted.
>>
>> Please consider automatic checking like mysql.com does. They got us
>> delisted just for the period of time when we were not in sync.

JS> We don't remove from the main list mirrors that are bad for a short period
JS> of time.  I believe yours was not updating for over two weeks.

My bad, but that must be the first fault in a year :)

JS>   Generally
JS> when a mirror is gone for that long, it's not coming back.  And even if it
JS> does, we need to question its reliability.  You also received an email at
JS> the time of removal (May 13) notifying you of problems with your mirror.

Wish I did :(

JS> At the moment, if I access your mirror from my computer (in Canada), it is
JS> *extremely* slow.  Is there a reason for this?

Yes, speed is limited for networks outside Ukraine.

JS> I'd like to add your
JS> mirror back, but our primary concern is having reliable mirrors.

Well, the mirror is up and working now. If you decide to put it back,
here's some modified information:

URL of mirror: http://apache.alkar.net/
Country where the mirror is located: Ukraine
Contact email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Update frequency: two times a day
Approximate bandwidth: 100Mbit

--
Best regards,
 Alexander                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]