Jesper Louis Andersen wrote:
Quoting kroty ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

I'm going to buy a book about Operating Systems. I've seen two titles
"Modern Operating Systems" (Tanenbaum) and "Operating Systems Concepts" (Silberschatz). I don't know wich one would be better for a newbie
in OSs like me. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!

Operating system concepts is known as the ``dinosaur'' book. The problem with
it is that it doesn't cover anything in detail. It gives you the basic ideas,
but you cannot expect to have a hands-down knowledge of any operating system.
I do not known about the tanenbaum book. I would recommend to read some
MkKusick book, be it ``the design of the 44bsd system'' or ``design of the
FreeBSD system''. These will give you some more in-depth knowledge and I
believe this is better.

You think I could read the MkKusick's book as a start point in OSs?