On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Oliver Fuchs dixit:
>
> [ ppp.linkup trouble ]
>
> $ sudo cat /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup
> MYADDR:
>  add! default HISADDR
>  !bg /bin/ksh /etc/ppp/ip-up tun0 vtty sync MYADDR HISADDR
>
> ifwatchd(8) [from NetBSD.] does approximately the same;
> I use the above config for userland PPPoE and the latter
> for kernel PPPoE (needed some patches though).
>
> Write your /etc/ppp/ip-up as you would do with pppd(8).
>
> HTH
> //mirabile
Hi,

thanks to all for answering/helping.
After running rdate -v ptbtime1.ptb.de in a shell from ppp I - if i
wait long enough - receive this:
rdate: ptbtime1.ptb.de: no address associated with this name
So it seems I have a mistake in my ppp configuration because rdate
cannot resolve the server. After closing the ppp-shell again I can run
rdate -v ptbtime1.ptb.de from a regular shell without any problems.

Oliver
--
... don't touch the bang bang fruit