On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 11:15 -0700, Gary Clemans-Gibbon wrote:
> I have a co-located 3.4 web/mail box at a remote location with a P3
> 1.2Ghz and 1Gb RAM (on-board LAN and video). At home I have another
> copy of the exact same motherboard but with a Celeron 1.1Ghz and 512
> Gb RAM.
>
> The question is, can I install 3.7 on the box at home and then simply
> take out the HDD and swap it into the co-lo server? Will it care that
> it was installed on a different CPU with less RAM?

It will work fine. You don't even have to use the same motherboard in
both computers, and in fact this will work not just for OpenBSD but most
other OSes that run on i386 hardware, except for Windows (a friend of
mine did this with Windows 98 once with no obvious ill effects but I
can't in good faith recommend it). The only time you need to be careful
with doing things like this are when you make custom kernels (and most
people don't need to in the case of OpenBSD).

--
Shawn K. Quinn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>