On Sun, 22 May 2005, Adam Gleave wrote:

> ifconfig -a shows no difference to ifconfig (I checked with diff),

 Yes, I know.. It is an old habit for OSes that do cause different output
 with/without the -a.  The main thing is to see that all the interfaces
 are happy/up/active and not deadlocked on something.

> The MAC addresses are the same (should have though of checking that).
> pppoesvc is not set.

 Does your provider suggest setting one?

> That's just for the pppoe interface though? Tried setting fxp1 to
> 0.0.0.0 just incase, no change.

 nah, the parent can be without an IP on it..

> pppoe0: flags=a851<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,LINK1,MULTICAST> mtu 1492
>         dev: fxp1 state: session
>         sid: 0xf636 PADI retries: 0 PADR retries: 0 time: 0:4:21
>         inet 83.245.46.101 --> 0.0.0.1 netmask 0xffffffff
>         inet6 fe80::2d0:b7ff:fedb:41f%pppoe0 ->  prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x9

 This seems to think everything is A-OK (at least, during this snippet).

 What does 'spppcontrol -v pppoe0' tell you?

 Have you tried without the link1 to see if the problem is in the
 autodetect code? Are you setting a default route to the 0.0.0.1 or do you
 get it from someplace else?

 Does tcpdump on the fxp1 show anything useful? What about pppoe0? (e.g.
stuff that is detected as being in the proper session etc)

cheers,
--
jason