On May 24 12:49 PM, Habex Tim wrote:
> Dear,
>
> We are considering replacing our current CheckPoint FireWall-1 with
> openBSD. However our internal policies require us to have certified
> hardware to run on production systems.
>
> Therefore we are looking for certified hardware (+maintenance contract)
> to replace our current (expired) Nokia 440.
>
> I was unable to find this information from your website and on #openbsd
> (irc.freenode.net) they informed me to try this email address. The list
> of supported hardware is insufficient as we need a vendor who is aware
> of openBSD compatibility in case we need a replacement. e.g. Which
> hardware (vendor) are you using?
>
> We need at least 6 NICs in our firewall and our preferred vendor is HP.

I'm not sure what kind of traffic you are pushing, but Soekris
Engineering (www.soekris.com) certifies their hardware with OpenBSD. If
you get a net4801 with 3 onboard NICs and one of their lan1641 quad
cards you can get 7 interfaces. It also has room for a VPN accelerator
card if you need one. This way you can get all the hardware from a
single vendor who supports OpenBSD. I'm sure you can find lots of people
talking about it on the archives.

Matt