> Daniel Ouellet wrote:
>> Just FYI.
>>
>> I am finishing up a port that hopefully will be put in for MySQL 4.1.12,
>> their latest recommended stable version.
>
> Hi Daniel
>
> That's brilliant!

[installed pSQL from ports so: aggro offtopic]

That's nice for MySQL..

I'm still waiting until "dataloss" will be accapted as DoS-Case so that
the PostgreSQL would be updated up to 7.4.8 (but a update to 8.0.3 would
be better anyway....)

It's realy disappointing to see updates for PHP and other software because
of some "DoS"-things (anyway thanks to robert and brad) and e.g.
PostgreSQL isn't even at the latest 7.4.x-Version. :-(

I think sometimes about asking every portmaintainer "Define me
"importent"" to write down a manpage to explain the meaning of "an
importent update" if it deals with PHP compared e.g. to PostgreSQL or
others.
If data-loss isn't a reason for an update of a database-package....

It's not the first time that I request a PostgreSQL update and it seams
the current maintainer isn't able to change a version-number so that the
update would be avaiable for all users.

But Bred and Robert are like a light in the darkness. ;)

Btw for the pSQL maintainer....:

--
Migration to version 7.4.6

   A dump/restore is not required for those running 7.4.X.

Changes

     * Repair possible failure to update hint bits on disk
       Under rare circumstances this oversight could lead to "could not
       access transaction status" failures, which qualifies it as a
       potential-data-loss bug.
--

But I guess there wont be an update to 8.0.3 nor any "fast" update to
7.4.8 even the maintainer got 5 mails in the last 3 months.

Kind regards and have a nice day,
Sebastian