On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 12:16 +0530, Suresh Myneni wrote:
> Hopefully someone will be able to help me with a vpn client
> connectivity problem . Using Contivity VPN client on windows 2k going
> through OpenBSD 3.7 PF/NAT
>
> I have three workstations behind the firewall using private IPs. The
> internet usage is fine on all the machines. But when I use Contivity
> VPN client through NAT on a single machine to connect to the remote
> site, I am able to connect fine. When I use the second machine to
> connect to the remote site using the VPN client, the VPN client fails
> in the last stage of establishing the connection. It gives me a
> message "Checking for banner text from x.x.x.x" and then disconnects.

I know nothing about Contivity but is it possible that it objects to
having two sessions from one IP?  I assume that x.x.x.x is the external
NAT IP for your firewall.  If this is the problem then the 'fault' lies
with the vpn software not with the of configuration.

Cheers, Russell

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]