T. Ribbrock wrote:

According to this German site (haven't found an English source yet)

http://www.golem.de/0505/38320.html

Intel has denied that the 945 had DRM built-in. They say that it only
has the option to connect "Trusted Platform Modules" to it, which -
according to Intel - is not news, as other chipsets are already able to
do so.

Thanks for this URL. The option to have a TPM is indeed not new at all. Where I am working, I recently bought a Intel motherbord with TPM (Intel D915GUXLK) and we have bought numerous machines which come with TPM (IBM Thinkpad and desktops, HP laptops). Most of these machines run Linux.

Let me tell you: a TPM alone is not enough for a DRM system. Maybe the new Intel CPU and chipset have other features that help enforce DRM.

Cheers,

Dries