...on Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 07:15:51AM +0100, Peter Galbavy wrote:

 > Gordon Grieder wrote:
 > >Before I start following sparc@ (if I go ahead with this): I recently
 > >"inherited" a Sun ELC. It's an ancient all-in-one thing that looks
 > Now ? Might work as a non caching nameserver - memory is rather limited,
 > while CPU is OK-ish.

Up until three years ago or so, I was running a
backup MX for about 50 customers on an 25MHz SS1+
(and one of them had roughly 6000 mail users), with
postfix on OpenBSD.

Probably wouldn't work with today's spam levels
though, regardless of the software used. At the
time, disk space (an external 4GB disk for the
spool filled up in about a day when the largest
customer was offline) was more of a problem than
CPU power.

Alex.